Thursday 24 June 2010

Barbel, Warks Avon



The title and aim of the session were both Barbel but the Chub were a lot more obliging. Fun at first but becoming a nuisance. Following an opening day blank it was pleasing to get a new season off and running with a Chub on the bank. But after that there followed another eight, all between 3lb and 4lb. Normally that would be an excellent days angling and I am not that short sighted as to realise this but I was only wanting Barbel. Probably sounding like a miserable old Yorkshireman having an unnecessary moan but sod it.
I did manage one example of the target species which took the secret flavoured luncheon meat, I did not weigh it but would guess at between 6lb and 7lb tops. 
The minnows seem really abundant this year and they were a menace, stripping the meat off the hair in about 20 minutes, so I changed to boilies and that caught more Chub plus an impaled Minnow with a size nine hook in it's cheek. Swam off ok though!



2 comments:

  1. hi mate where on the avon is this im looking to fins some nice chub and barble fishing this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. find* email me at steve-2010-@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete