Sunday 6 February 2011

No Barbel, Solitary Chub, Backache, Warks Avon

A difficult session in more ways than one. This winter is beginning to grind me down a bit. If it is not three foot deep snow it is minus 20 degrees and when it does warm up the wind blows at 80mph. The fish seem to have all but disappeared and it is making for hard work. The plan was for Barbel, warmer water and bites that are easy to spot in the wind all made sense but old Barbus did not agree. They seem to have vanished from all the usual swims where I have caught them in the past.
However the blank was avoided by catching this 3lb 1oz Chub on flavoured meat hair rigged.
The other difficult part to the session was a painful back that has been aggravating me for over a week now. I had to take regular breaks to lie flat on the bank! If anyone has any miracle cures that work before my next session I will pay good money. I am off to lie on the lounge floor now!

No comments:

Post a Comment