Tuesday 19 July 2011

Barbel and Otters

No need to panic, this photo was not taken on the Warwickshire Avon or anywhere else local for that matter. It was taken in Buckfastleigh, Devon at a Butterfly and Otter sanctuary(strange combination!). I have just returned from a long weekend with the family in Torquay and the rods did not go with me. I could not manage a whole weekend without wetting a line though (much to my wife's disgust!) so I sneaked a short Saturday morning session in before we went. 
I headed back to the same swim as last week and rolled meat was again the method of attack. Between showers I took three Chub and four Barbel, the biggest weighing 8lb 7oz. 
I also pulled out of a couple of fish too, all before 9am. This style of fishing is getting addictive and I feel certain that it is only a matter of time before I nail a double this way.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Joe,
    And a first class Barbel,
    Love the Otter though,
    I have great memories of Torquay as well,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete