Saturday 22 February 2014

Back to Running Water


Lovely to back on the river again after the recent deluges. I arrived early at this new( to me ) stretch of the Avon so took advantage of the sunshine to take a few photos of the local church while I waited for Martin. The river is still running a touch high but nothing compared to recent weeks. Our plan was to  fish the last hour of daylight and the first hour of night in the hope that the Barbel would come out to play but with hindsight we should have realised that the low overnight temperatures would have put paid to our chances of catching.


I hedged my bets though by putting cheese paste in my bag and it worked as I landed the only fish of the session, a Chub of about three pounds. When the cold wind started to get to into our bones we retired to the pub for warmth.


No comments:

Post a Comment