Sunday 22 February 2015

Tough going


Its been a tough couple of weeks on the fishing front. Last weekend Martin and I fished the Warwickshire Avon with limited success. Martin managed a few fish including a small Barbel and a low double figure Pike while I could only muster one solitary Chub taken on luncheon meat.


This weekend I set my stall out for Perch and again all I could manage was one fish before the heavens opened and I beat an early retreat back home.


Probably weighing about a pound and a half, I was confident of landing a few more of its brethren but with no brolly I wasn't willing to take a drenching in the process.


Our half term outing had a fishy theme as we took the kids to Birmingham Sea Life Centre, certainly whets the appetite for a sea fishing trip or two!!



No comments:

Post a Comment