Monday 12 October 2015

Fall Leaves Fall



Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
                         Fluttering from the autumn tree. .......Emile Bronte







I love Autumn it's my favourite time of year. The colours are so rich, the sunsets spectacular and the nights drawing in. Light the fire, stick an extra jumper on, venture out on a spooky misty morning. Makes one feel poetic!?
I managed to get a couple of hours down by the Avon this weekend. Two rods, one for predators, one with pellet. I had to remain patient beside the low clear river but eventually as the light had all but faded I had my one and only bite. The unseen adversary fought well but lacked the power of a Barbel and soon enough I slipped the net under a short but chunky Chub.


The old warrior looked like a 'four' all day long but fell just short weighing in at 3lb 14oz. I fished on but what was already a quiet swim had been disturbed and there were no more bites before the light disappeared completely.
Good to be outdoors but would have liked a bit more action. Next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment